What is ISO 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S)?
The ISO 45001:2018 occupational health & safety management system is for performance, reduce work-related accidents. The purpose of an OH&S management system is to provide a framework for managing OH&S risks and opportunities. The aim and intended outcomes of the OH&S management system are to prevent work related injury and ill health to workers and to provide safe and healthy workplaces; consequently, it is critically important for the organization to eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks by taking effective preventive and protective measures. ISO 45001 can apply for any size and type of organization for manage health and safety risks, while reducing associated costs. Roughly an estimated more than ½ million suffered non-fatal injuries and 17 million working days were lost due to work-related issues.
Benefits of ISO 45001:
- Control Risk and legal compliance–To establish operational controls risks and opportunities and legal and associated requirements.
- Reputation– Recognition of an international benchmark and concerning a social responsibilities.
- Increase Health and Safety Awareness–To increase employee awareness of Occupational Health and Safety risks and encourage to an active role of workers in health and safety within the organization.
- Reduce Insurance Premiums– To organization benefited from reducing insurance premiums.
- Better Manage Health and Safety Risks– To determine hazards and the health and safety risks associated process and seeking and controls to minimize the risk.
Our expert consultants as per industry background can provide you with all guidance and advice you need to implement and get certified to ISO 45001. We provide training to your employees to understand the requirement and get acquainted with the standard. We also conduct GAP analysis which will help you understand and are the parts that are lagging in order to implement. Our consultant will assist you throughout the documentation period and help in improving the PDCA culture in your organization. Post certification audit we also help you with the root cause analysis and taking corrective action for any raised nonconformities.